Running for the Phoenix Society











A Message from Forest Wilson, Vice President of Cherokee Fire Protection:


On October 10, I will join nearly 40,000 runners in Chicago for the 2010 Chicago Marathon.

I will be running as part of Team Phoenix, with the goal of rasing funds for the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors. The Society is a non-profit organization which works to help burn survivors in numerous ways.

The Chicago Marathon is held during Fire Prevention Week, and part of the run is through areas destroyed by the Great Chicago Fire.

If you feel inclined to support the Phoenix Society, please do so. You can become a member, or sponsor me during my run. All monies go directly to the Phoenix Society. For more information, please visit: www.active.com/donate/teamphoenixchicago/forestwilson.

If you have any questions about Team Phoenix, or running in general, feel free to email me @ fwilson@cherokee-fire.com You can also follow my running on Twitter @forest_wilson.

Thank you,

Forest

(pictured above, my run at the Whiskey Row 2010 Half Marathon in Prescott, AZ..one of the toughest marthon courses in the country due to the hill climbs)





1 comment:

  1. Forest, Thank you for your support! We're behind you all the way -- good luck running.

    ReplyDelete